Business Administration and Management
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE || INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA - The most effective leaders in business understand the individual components of their organization. More importantly, they know how to ensure that they come together to efficiently execute on the organization’s chosen strategies. Develop your managerial skill-set and learn to make the right decisions to enable success in the marketplace. Live online and/or asynchronous class options available.
This Program is Perfect For...
…This certificate is intended for early to mid-career professionals wanting to get formally trained in various aspects of business management to excel in their duties and advance their careers. It is intended to deliver the basics of MBA with unique specialization tracks without the MBA price tag or extensive time commitment
You can enroll in 3 easy steps
2. Click "Add to Cart" and proceed to "Checkout"
OR Enroll by phone - 805.893.4200 | Mon-Fri - 9am-5pm PST
What you'll learn...
|Business administration and MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE PROGRAM QUARTERLY SCHEDULE|
Core Subject Requirements: Complete 4 Courses (14 units)
|Marketing and Business Strategy: Complete 2 Courses (8 units)|
|MGMNT X450 - Business Strategy & Decision Making||4||
|BUSAD X409.65 - Marketing Principles & Practices||4|
|Accounting and Finance: Complete 1 Course (4 units)|
|ECON X400 - Principles of Financial Accounting||4|
|ECON X435 - Finance for Business Management||4|
|Business Law and Ethics: Complete 1 Course (2 units)|
|MGMNT X172 - Ethical & Regulatory Environments||2|
|MGMNT X173 - Business Law & Social Responsibility||2|
|Specialization Areas (Listed Below): Complete 1-3 Courses (8 units) From Within the Same Group|
Specialization Areas: Complete 8 Units From Within the Same Specialization Area
- Human Resource Management Specialization: 2 Courses (8 units)
- Examine concepts essential for effective staff recruitment, selection, and retention. Characterize the basic human resource management functions including workplace law and regulations; human resource metrics and cost analysis; recruitment; compensation, benefits, and total rewards; training and development; and, organizational behavior.
- Design and implement organizational employee-focused programs, policies, and procedures such as formal and informal communications, employee and team engagement, coaching skills, emotional intelligence, and conflict resolution.
- Learn to assess and manage risks and liability situations, including workplace safety. Analyze a variety of compliance strategies that influence the way companies use human resource departments to communicate and implement their policies. Interpret and apply state and federal laws on employment.
Courses Units Fall Winter Spring Summer BUSAD X450.1 - Foundations of Human Resource Management 4 BUSAD X450.33 - Building and Leading High-Performance Teams 4 BUSAD X450.40 - Legal Aspects of Employment Practice 4 BUSAD X450.41 - Managing the Talent Lifecycle 4
Online UCSB / HyFlex
- Marketing Specialization: 2 Courses (8 units)
- Define branding and differentiate products and or logos versus brands. Recognize the impact of consumer demographics and behavior when developing a brand strategy.
- Formulate SWOT analysis in determining brand creation and brand promise.
- Understand the fundamentals, strategies, and tactics of PR. Know internal and external stakeholders and communication strategies, media planning and develop PR-specific communication skills.
- Define non-sales selling and learn persuasion strategies. Understand the basics of negotiation when dealing with customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders.
Courses Units Fall Winter Spring Summer MGMNT X479 - Business and Personal Branding 4
MGMNT X482 - Public Relations 4 MGMNT X410 - Business Development and Sales 4
Online UCSB / HyFlex
- Leadership and Strategy Specialization: 2 Courses (8 units)
- Lead confidently from a position of strength by developing personal style. Innovate and be an agent for change. Discern when and how to seize a decision-making opportunity.
- Learn basic tools, and techniques of successful project management. Discuss the process groups and knowledge areas which comprise PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide.)
- Build powerful teams by expertly identifying players with complementary skills and chemistry. Apply concepts about human and social behavior to particular questions or situations such as difficult conversations, navigating conflict, performance management, coaching for growth and implementing change.
- Learn branding and product positioning for your business. Recognize the impact of consumer demographics and behavior when developing a brand strategy.
Courses Units Fall Winter Spring Summer BUSAD X435 - Foundations of Business Leadership 4 BUSAD X450.33 - Building and Leading High Performance Teams 4 MGMNT X479 - Business and Personal Branding 4 BUSAD X432 - Negotiation & Influence Strategies 4 TMP X450 - Introduction to Project Management 4
Online UCSB / HyFlex
- Business Accounting Specialization: 2 Courses (8 units)
- Apply concepts and methodologies of financial statement analysis and their application in business decision making and future performance. Work with profitability and risk analysis concepts.
- Learn the concepts and methodologies of managerial accounting and their application in business decision making.
- Identify and apply legal analysis methods and principles important to business transactions, relationships, and projections.
- Recognize the ethical considerations in business decision-making. Discuss the importance of statutory regulations of organizations and operational aspects of business including those found in the UCC, antitrust, environmental, and consumer protection regulations.
Courses Units Fall Winter Spring Summer BUSAD X408L - Business Law 4 ECON X418 - Financial Statement Analysis 4 ECON X432 - Managerial Accounting 4
Online UCSB / HyFlex
- Global Business Specialization: 2 Courses (8 units)
- Analyze key factors that affect the international economy, including the main players and their incentives. Discuss and analyze global economic trends and risks to investors and individuals.
- Recognize and perform analysis on the major environmental factors affecting international marketing plans of actions such as political, legal, cultural, and economic aspects of the target markets.
- Identify the major drivers and characteristics of global consumers and learn how to undertake appropriate market positioning on specific foreign markets. Research, design, and complete an effective international marketing plan.
- Discuss and interpret basic corporate financial reports and understand key business strategies for launching a product concept.
- Identify core traits of good leadership and effective intercultural communication, and demonstrate effective presentation skills when presenting a business plan to an outside panel.
Courses Units Fall Winter Spring Summer ECON X455.1 - Global Economics 4
BUSAD X409.11 - International Marketing 4 BUSAD X411.1 - Strategic Business Development in the Global Marketplace 4
- Certificate Eligibility and Requirements
- International Students need to apply to the International Diploma Program before enrolling in classes from this course schedule.
- How to Access Your Online Course
|Individual Courses||$385 - $620||$385 - $620||--|
|Estimated Certificate Cost||$3,330 - $3,730||$3,330 - $3,730||$10,245|
|*Apply for free, or just enroll in any of the courses to start your certificate!||Info|
Transfer credit available!
Have you previously earned academic or professional units at another institution? You can apply for transfer credit towards this certificate!
Transfer credit available for courses in:
Management | Communication | Sociology
3 Easy Steps to Request Certificate
1) Log into your PaCE Student Account to verify that you have completed all Certificate requirements
2) Click here to request your certificate release
3) Check your email for a Certificate notification from Parchment.com, our official credential provider.
Students will learn the role of strategy within planning processes; determine the financial benefits of investments; and lay out cash flow that impacts executive decisions and end-game results.
Students will learn to leverage their own unique strength to be a confident, strong leader and decision-maker; how to build high-performing teams; and recognize, understand and use emotions in positive ways to manage challenging social and work situations.
Students will learn to harness the power of communication to succeed with internal and external stakeholders; to examine how psychology plays important roles in business communication, especially in conflicts; and how to identify and employ tools to resolve and prevent disputes..
Students will learn to recognize, understand, and use emotions in positive ways to manage difficult social and work situations; the skills and knowledge areas of successful project management; to identify exceptional organizational design.
Marketing and Branding
To earn this Digital Credential, the student has learned to analyze brands and define branding; create functional and strategic marketing plans; identify the impact of consumer demographics and behavior; and recognize the factors that impact brand strategy.
Adolescent and Adult Support
Students will complete an intensive 40 hours of training and acquire essential evidence-based tools and skills to: (1) better understand, (2) help, and (3) support clients to navigate their life as an adolescent/adult.
- ED X310A - What's Next: Navigating Life after School