This program is perfect for...
What you'll learn...
Required Courses (21 units)
- LAW X455.6 - Fundamentals of Paralegal Studies (Fall/Spring - UCSB Campus) - 3 units
- LAW X403 - Case Management (Winter - UCSB Campus) - 2 units
- LAW X421 - Civil Litigation (Winter - Blended) - 3 units
- LAW X402.2 - Ethics for Paralegals (Fall/Spring - UCSB Campus) - 1 unit
- LAW X417.3 - Legal Research, Writing & Analysis I (Winter/Summer - UCSB Campus) - 4 units
- LAW X417.4 - Legal Research, Writing & Analysis II (Fall/Spring - UCSB Campus) - 4 units
- LAW X424 - E-Discover & Legal Technologies (Summer - Online) - 3 units
- LAW X455.9 - Paralegal Studies Capstone Course (Fall/Summer/Spring - Blended) - 1 unit
Elective Options (at least 15 units)
- LAW X422 - Aging & the Law (Summer - Online) - 3 units
- BUSAD X408L - Business Law (Fall - UCSB Campus) - 4 units
- LAW X455.7 - Contract Law (Summer - Online) - 3 units
- LAW X419 - Criminal Law (Fall - Online) - 3 units
- LAW X423 - Employment Law (Spring - Blended) - 3 units
- LAW X409 - Juvenile Law (Winter - Online) - 3 units
- LAW X406 - Paralegal Internship (Fall/Spring/Summer) - 3 units
- LAW X455.3 - Real Estate Law (TBD) - 3 units
- LAW X420 - Wills & Trusts I (Fall - Online, Spring - UCSB Campus) - 3 units
- LAW X455.4 - Wills & Trusts II (Summer - UCSB Campus) - 3 units
Courses are offered across 4 academic quarters: fall, winter, spring and summer. For more information visit Approved Academic Calendar.
Ready to start?
“I love the law and I want to contribute to society. Thanks to my professors, the paralegal program has been a great experience. The human factor has made law fun to learn and understandable.”