Customized Group Programs
Business. Innovation. History. Culture. Education. Society. Health and Wellness.
Santa Barbara is one of the hottest technology hubs in the world. We also happen to be American Riviera... It is in this setting, that you will be learning from some the world's bests how to make a difference in the way you manage your team, approach change and innovation, and lead your company to success. Besides trainings and boot camps, we also host company retreats and brainstorming sessions customized for your needs
Visiting Scholars Program
1-2 Quarters. Check out our brochure here!
- The whole package! Participants learn and experience first-hand teaching practices and methodologies in modern classroom at a top-research university!
- Customized to your needs and interests this program offers insights into classroom management, technology in education, instructional design, and educational policies, as well as English language skills.
- Take our courses! Participants will undertake observations of lectures, classes and sections on UCSB campus, and can also enroll in courses for credit. They may engage in peer discussions with faculty from cognate departments of UCSB, and attend public research seminars.
- Watch our video
English Academy & University Preparation
These programs are designed for international high school students, and include:
- Intensive English & US Academic Culture (6 weeks) Use your summers to improve your fluency and test scores in the English language.
- Undergraduate Preparation Boot Camp (1 week) Prepare for the linguistic demands of studies in USA, and develop an awareness of aspects of American culture related to university life and approaches to study and learning.
Innovation & Entrepreneurial Leadership
A must for all entrepreneurs! Focusing on practical, real-world application of entrepreneurial skills and tools, this course immerses participants in principles, concepts, skills, practices, information, and choices relevant for start-up and early-stage entrepreneurs, entrepreneurial managers, and their stakeholders!
Medical English Immersion Program
2 Weeks. Check out our brochure here! For more information, visit our Help Center.
Participate in a variety of clinical and medical settings
- Students learn to read, interpret and critically assess medical texts and case studies, medical statistics, manuals, operating instructions, as well as analyze charts and graphs, and take notes while attending lectures and seminars. By reading for general meaning, word expansions, and vocabulary building, students acquire career-specific language development.
- U.S. healthcare delivery system
- The language of patient interaction
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Medical history-taking
- Trauma and emergency care
- Diagnostic and treatment procedures
- Development of presentation and medical writing skills
Learner OutcomesUpon completing this course, students will learn:
- English medical terminology and clinical language in various medical settings
- Improving communication and interaction skills in English
- Managing difficult conversations with patients in English
- Independently researching medical topics
- Recording patient health histories
- Understanding medication terminology and abbreviations
- Providing written medical instructions and summaries
Create Your Own Program!
We speak customized. From one week to quarter long programs, we'll develop a program for you. From undergraduate preparation to professional immersion, from American culture programs to corporate trainings, we're ready to listen to your group's needs and create a customized experience for you.
Tell us what you want to do at UC Santa Barbara PaCE! Complete and email us this PDF form or submit this form online.
Are you an agent? If you're interested in customized programs for your group, click the button above and fill out our Agent Application here.
Subscribe to our newsletter to learn about our programs and exciting opportunities.
for more information about our programs. We are happy to meet with you by phone at (805) 893-4200, in person or by video conference (Zoom.us or Skype). Email us to make an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org.