How UCSB International Programs is Preparing
for Safely Reopening in the Future
July 1, 2020
We hope you and your family are staying healthy and strong during this hard time.
As UCSB Extension’s top priority is your health and safety, we have moved all the classes online over the past several months. However, we are still optimistic that we can welcome you in person for Fall 2020. We are trying every effort to make sure you are safe and feel secure and comfortable when you are coming to our campus in the future.
Today, we would like to share a few key points about how UCSB and UCSB International Programs are preparing for the Fall Quarter.
How UCSB is preparing for the Fall Quarter:
- For the fall quarter, UCSB is planning a curriculum that includes some face-to-face courses, as well as courses with a mixture of remote instruction and some face-to-face components.
- In spite of this, UCSB still plans to create a meaningful on-campus experience.
- UCSB has been reviewing its classroom capacity, analyzing airflow in all buildings, adding hand sanitizing stations, and developing guidelines to ensure that all can observe the appropriate physical distancing requirements.
- Face coverings will be required inside all campus buildings and at all times while on campus where physical distancing is not possible to minimize transmission. The University has purchased additional face coverings to supply to those students who may need them.
- Online courses from the convenience of your home or from beautiful open-air UCSB campus with outdoor wifi centers throughout campus (see map below).
UCSB International Programs is located on the UCSB main campus, and we will share the same safety measures and regulations. In addition, we have been working to provide you with further
Online Enrollment and Orientation:
- Online orientation: your guide to UCSB and Santa Barbara life, all live online!
- New paperless UCSB course enrollment process: enroll in your courses as they start, with a completely online process.
Customer Service will be offered online and in-person:
- Safe personal interaction in our Student Reception, equipped with barriers, and hand sanitizer.
- Free face masks will be available from our Customer Service Desk.
- Simply use our website chat to contact us with all questions from anywhere
- In Fall Quarter, all our Professional Courses will be held online. Some UCSB Courses might be in person, with the safety precautions outlined above.
- In future quarters, we will be monitoring the situation of Covid-19 and assessing the most appropriate instruction methods (online, blended or face-to-face) with your safety as our first concern.
- Our Professional Courses typically have 12 or fewer students and will be conducted in safety or will be conducted live online
- Free periodic COVID testing
- If, for any reason you are unable to attend Fall 2020, we can work with you to defer to a later quarter with no additional application fees.
We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful campus!