Summer Intensive TESOL Program
This program is perfect for...
Individuals wishing to teach or work with ESL/EFL students in a variety of settings, teachers with some practical experience but little formal training, and teachers of EFL from other countries who seek to enhance their formal English teaching
qualifications in an English-speaking environment
What you'll learn
Required PaCE Certificate Courses*
- LING X402 Introduction to TESOL and the Learning Context
- LING X427 Lesson Planning and Resources for TESOL
- LING X425 Language Analysis, Awareness, and Teaching Techniques for TESOL
- LING X430 Classroom Practicalities for TESOL
- LING X428 Teaching Language Skills for TESOL
- LING X426 TESOL Teaching Practicum
- LING X431, Professional Development for TESOL: USA and Overseas
*Individual courses are open to students who wish to study specific subjects without pursuing the certificate.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org after you've completed all required courses to request your TESOL Certificate
"I highly recommend this program to aspiring English language teachers. After completing the TESOL Certificate through UCSB Extension, I served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Mongolia where I made daily use of the practical classroom skills and background knowledge I gained. Now, as TESOL graduate student, that strong practical pedagogical foundation continues to give me a leg up."
- Nicolas Morales